- Buffy: Nothing's ever simple anymore. I'm constantly trying to work it out; who to love or hate, who to trust. It's just like the more I know, the more confused I get.
- Giles: I believe that's called growing up.
- Buffy: I'd like to stop then, okay?
- Giles: I know the feeling.
- Buffy: Does it ever get easy?
- Giles: You mean life?
- Buffy: Yeah, does it get easy?
- Giles: What do you want me to say?
- Buffy: Lie to me.
- Giles: Yes. It's terribly simple. The good guys are always stalwart and true. The bad guys are easily distinguished by their pointy horns or black hats, and, uh, we always defeat them and save the day. No one ever dies and... everybody lives happily ever after.
- Buffy: Liar.
“So here’s the part where you make a choice. What if you could have that power, now? In every generation, one Slayer is born, because a bunch of men who died thousands of years ago made up that rule. They were powerful men. [points to Willow] This woman… is more powerful than all of them combined. [Willow whimpers] So I say we change the rule. I say my power… should be our power. Tomorrow, Willow will use the essence of the Scythe to change our destiny. From now on, every girl in the world who might be a Slayer, will be a Slayer. Every girl who could have the power, will have the power, can stand up, will stand up. Slayers… every one of us. Make your choice. Are you ready to be strong?” —
Buffy Season 7 - Chosen
Still the best stand up against “the evil” thing ever - change the stupid sexist rules of old men! Yeah! ;-)
Love this quote.
REBLOG IF YOU LIKE DIPPING YOUR FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR MILKSHALE
Even pets can be tricked